[hpsdr] PicoPSU

Christopher T. Day CTDay at lbl.gov
Thu Jun 8 20:34:30 PDT 2006

picoPSU-60-WI:

Volts	(V)	Max Load (A)	Peak Load (A)	Regulation %
5V		6A			10A			1.5%
5VStand By	1.5A			2A			1.5%
3.3V		6A			8A			1.5%
-12V		50mA			50mA			5%
12V		400mA			450mA			3%

Overload protection cuts in when either major rail > 200% Max
Load.

picoPSU-120

Volts	(V)	Max Load (A)	Peak Load (A)	Regulation %
5V		6A			10A			1.5%
5VStand By	1.5A			2A			1.5%
3.3V		6A			8A			1.5%
-12V		50mA			100mA			5%
12V		7A			10A			=
Switched Input

Same overload protection.

Obviously, the higher power version(s) [there is also an 80W version]
provide the 12V by feeding through the switched supply; the real work is
in the 5V and 3.3V supplies. Unless one of the boards uses a lot of 12V
current, which Lyle was _not_ going to do, there is likely no difference
from our perspective => picoPSU-60-WI is the right one for us, I think,
subject to noise considerations.

	Chris - AE6VK