[hpsdr] parts kit vs mounted SMT

Philip M. Lanese l31nesep at epix.net
Fri Jun 9 05:38:30 PDT 2006

Again Bob is right on!

I don't know how many in this group develop New Products for a living but hand
mounting and soldering prototypes containing SMD has been passé for a number of
years now.

When Murphy strikes in product design and development, the more things you KNOW
work correctly, the less sleep (and hair) you lose.  Does not matter if it's new
software, firmware, hardware or mechanical design you are trying out.

Been there - Done that.  Have the boards commercially stuffed AND TESTED for
basic functionality.  An undetected hairline bridge between traces WILL let all
of the smoke out of the most expensive and difficult to replace part on the
board!!!

Phil, K3IB