[hpsdr] Mercury

John B. Stephensen kd6ozh at comcast.net
Sat Jun 10 20:43:49 PDT 2006

The RAM is a problem. I need lots of it for filters, the FFT and traceback
memory. The extra RAM in the smaller Xilinx parts is a big help for DSP.

The largest Xilinx part available in a non-BGA package now appears to be the
XC3S500E and is $26 (1-24 pieces) at Nu Horizons. This provides more than
twice the memory of the Altera, part plus a few more multipliers and logic
elements.

73,

John
KD6OZH