[hpsdr] CASMIR design v0.4 plus introducing COPERNICUS!

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Mon Jun 12 06:15:05 PDT 2006

Given what we have seen from early reports on Jason,  we can use pretty
arbitrary steps.  We can probably use 10 kHz steps.  The downside is
that as you tune the "panadapter" will stay fixed while the receiver
slides around in it (PowerSDR does that now but not to the extent of
PowerSDR in softrock mode or wavefile mode or Rocky, etc.).

Again,  the spur reduction steps are determined by phase truncation
steps required to get to the "good spots" on the accumulator "wheel" in
a DDS.  For the 99XX family this is tremendously reduced.

Bob