[hpsdr] Janus & Pinocchio alpha builds

Christopher T. Day CTDay at lbl.gov
Thu Jun 15 23:36:14 PDT 2006

Leon,

According to Lyle, his library has them at:

"0.034"/0.86mm except for a couple of corner pins which are
0.031"/0.79mm.  Not sure why the library part would have the twoslightly
smaller holes.  I'll see about fixing that sothey are all 0.34"/0.86mm."

The solder tail parts fit with no problem. The press-fit parts clearly
have a fatter pin. Lyle used solder tail types. I didn't know the two
styles existed; the Mouser catalog has no obvious reference to press-fit
for the Amp part I picked out. I picked a 3M part for the opposite sex
part for Pinocchio as there was no Amp part listed. The 3M part has
solder tails and fits fine. There is also a 3M solder tail plug, so I
ordered a couple of those. Lyle used a part made by Harting that Mouser
carries that is slightly cheaper ["Don't Panic!"] and is compliant. We
should probably go with those.

            Chris - AE6VK

  _____