[hpsdr] ADSP-21369

Leon Heller leon.heller at bulldoghome.com
Fri Jun 16 01:57:18 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan" <vu3rdd at gmail.com>
To: "Leon Heller" <leon.heller at bulldoghome.com>
Cc: <hpsdr at hpsdr.org>
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: [hpsdr] ADSP-21369

> On 6/16/06, Leon Heller <leon.heller at bulldoghome.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've just been looking at the new ADSP-21369 DSP. It's similar to the
>> 21262
>> I'm playing with but has twice the performance - 2400 MIPS!
>>
>> I'm working on a very simple PCB for the 21262 - just the DSP, SPI flash
>> memory and a codec. I've downloaded the VisualDSP++ toolset and will get
>> 90
>
> Leon,
>
> If you can redirect your efforts to make a Blackfin+memory+codec
> board, that will be
> a great thing. I don't have the skills to make one, otherwise I would
> have done that.
> As you know, Blackfin has enough MIPS and has free as in Freedom/Free Beer
> tools
> as well. Ideal for amateur radio work.

I've got a couple of Blackfin kits (the Stamp and an EZ-Kit), it is a nice
chip. Only problem is that the DSP is 16 bits, making the dynamic range a
bit marginal. GNU tools for the SHARC are available, but need some work
doing before they are usable. I might do a similar Blackfin board later on,
it would be quite easy to design.

73, Leon