[hpsdr] Horton LO

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 11:43:57 PDT 2006

On 6/16/06, Eric Blossom <eb at comsec.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 10:56:24AM -0700, Lyle Johnson wrote:
> > ***** High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****
> >
> > > It will be exceedingly important for phase coherent processing that we
> > > use the same clock to derive other clocks...
> > >
> > > The Phil's have hit a home run here.
> >
> > Indeed.
> >
> > So now we just need to get a solid design for a low-jitter 500 MHz
> > Johnson counter...
>
> Take a look at the TI SN74AUC* parts.  They really fly!
>
> http://focus.ti.com/logic/docs/bytechnologyfamily.tsp?templateId=5985&navigationId=11386&contentId=4245&technologyFamilyId=88
>
> Thanks to John Stephenson for pointing them out the other day.
>
> Eric

I just got samples of the SN74AUC1G66 analog switches and SN74AUC2G53
MUXes today in the mail.  I am anxious to try these parts for the QSD
switch.  The enable/disable times look great!  The little BGA packages
are cute too...

For the johnson counter they don't seem to be fast enough: Looks like
the SN74AUC74 D type flip flops might work up to 350 MHz.  The
SN74AUC16374 16 bit 3 state D type flip flops look like they work up
to 250 MHz.

73 de Phil N8VB