[hpsdr] Horton LO

Guido threeme3 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 13:13:37 PDT 2006

On 6/16/06, Robert McGwier <rwmcgwier at comcast.net> wrote:

> If we take the 500 MHz high quality oscillators and do a johnson counter
> to produce four signals at 125 MHz to drive the capacitors in the QSD,
> we can then feed each of the 125 MHz signals into four equal length
> divider chains.  With 16 bit dividers,   we get 2.5 KHz resolution.

How does the 16 bit divider gives us 2.5kHz resolution ?
i.e. to tune the QSD at 31.250Mhz just a plain divider should be set to 4,
setting it to 5 would give 25Mhz, and thus gives at this frequency a
resolutin of about 5Mhz..?

Bob did you maybe thinking about using a fractional divider at this point?
Guido