[hpsdr] Warning on Atlas! NO HIGH TEMP WORK!

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 15:18:05 PDT 2006

On 6/17/06, Eric Ellison <ecellison at comcast.net> wrote:

> Folks!

> Although I posted a 'directed' message regarding Atlas boards I sent. I will
> post again here!
> WARNIING

> DO NOT! Rework Atlas in an elevated temperature environment, like ovens!!

Hi Eric,

You might want to clarify this.  You can solder the Atlas using lead
based solder paste in a reflow oven.  I think the problem comes in
when you are using *non-lead* solder paste for RoHS - the process uses
higher temperatures than the FR4 is supposed to handle.

As I understand it, there is no problem with using lead based solder
paste methods in the oven or hotplate method with the Atlas - Lyle can
give us the details and correct me if I am wrong about the 400 board
Atlas run.

73 de Phil N8VB