[hpsdr] Warning on Atlas! NO HIGH TEMP WORK!

Philip M. Lanese l31nesep at epix.net
Sun Jun 18 07:31:21 PDT 2006

This is one of those cases where everyone may be right (each to some extent).
In paragraph 3 of the document, Altera introduces the caveat "for most cases FR4
is acceptable but high density and high complexity applications may require High
Tg FR-4."

The way most companies handle this is to do a short run and see what happens
before scrapping a bunch of inventory.

Consider the first few boards as Alpha.  If the glue holding the IC pads
deteriorates and the pads delaminate we will know the solution for THAT problem.

Phil, K3IB