[hpsdr] Atlas, How do I hand solder this thing?

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Mon Jun 19 04:21:40 PDT 2006

For quite some time I have taken the bull in the china shop approach
with 100% success (and it has the benefit of appealing to my nature ;-)
).  Tack the corner and then get solder everywhere on the remaining pins
for the IC (either DIP and quad leaded).  The detailing is then done
with solder wick to remove the excess and shorts.  Inspect with
magnification.  This beats the heck out of attempting to solder single
leads at a time.

Bob