[hpsdr] More on Horton LO

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Tue Jun 20 12:50:16 PDT 2006

Chris Bartram is a well know LO designer and a leading figure in uwSDR.
I believe he is the moderator of their yahoo group.

Some of you may know about Suitsat.  There is a proposal to do a Suitsat
II.  In getting ready for that,  Microchip took the SDR-1000 QSD and
made a crystal controlled 10.7 MHz IF version of it.  They also decided
to simplify the circuit and try some new parts in a variant.  I have
been awaiting an opportunity to check that variant out.  I will have
that opportunity tomorrow.

Microchip (the PIC company) , where Steve Bible works,  was a major
contributor to Suitsat.  If that QSD checks out,  we can adopt it for
Horton and press forward.  It is so inexpensive that should we decide to
do something different later, we can easily.  If it works out,  I will
put together a schematic with the Phil's, and others and we will shove
it up on the web site for everyone's approval and comments.

73's
Bob
N4HY