[hpsdr] Atlas Update - From whence we have come

Eric Ellison ecellison at comcast.net
Sun May 7 11:41:49 PDT 2006

Folks

We now have 170 orders for the Atlas board. WOW! To me this indicates that
the flywheel of the project is accelerating! To think this all came about
from a Teamspeak Friday Night fourm mention by Phil - VK6APH in late
November 2005 regarding the Xylo work he was doing!!!! With Phil - N8VB's
Ozy board coming along it will mark a fully working product! This first of
many! YEA!

Thanks EVERYONE no matter what your contribution, including those just
lurking and waiting till it all works! I see this project as "Hardware which
just keeps getting better".  We are a 'village' and our population is
growing! Viva open ideas! Viva open source! Viva Open hardware! It IS, to me
what Amateur Radio is all about ---- always on the forefront of technology!

I am planning to order the Atlas boards next week. I estimate that shipment
of boards will be before the end of the month. Still no final decision on
the production house, but it will be RoHS compliant board.

Thanks!

Eric - AA4SW