[hpsdr] Operating Configurations

Alex harvilchuck at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 18:17:56 PDT 2006

So reading through everything the project want to be able to run three configurations (as it stands right now):

 (1) as a computer controlled interface for the SDR-1000
 (2) as a computer controlled 0-30MHz SDR transceiver
(3) as a standalone SDR transceiver using the SDR-1000
 (4) as a standalone SDR transceiver

Configuration 1  requires
            ATLAS - for the backplane and power
            OZYMANDIAS - for the USB 2.0 interface
               JANUS - for the audio interfacing to the SDR-1000
            tbd - the general purpose I/O card for the parallel control interface for the SDR-1000
 Configuration 2 requires
             ATLAS - for the backplane and power
             OZYMANDIAS - for the USB 2.0 interface
              MERCURY - as a 0-30MHz wideband receiver board
              tbd - a 0-30MHz transmitter board
Configuration 3 requires
            ATLAS - for the backplane and power
             OZYMANDIAS - for the USB 2.0 interface
                JANUS - for the audio interfacing to the SDR-1000
               tbd - the general purpose I/O card for the analog controls (knobs, switches, etc.), an LCD display,
                    and the parallel control interface for the SDR-1000
              SASQUATCH - DSP processor
Configuration 4 requires
              ATLAS - for the backplane and power
              OZYMANDIAS - for the USB 2.0 interface
               MERCURY - as a 0-30MHz receiver board
               tbd - a 0-30MHz transmitter board
                tbd - the general purpose I/O card for the analog controls (knobs, switches, etc.) and a LCD display
              SASQUATCH - DSP processor

As an option for any configuration (although it might not fit on Config 4):

              GIBRALTAR - GPS-disciplined oscillator and PLL

Alex, N3NP