[hpsdr] Ozy - Schematic OZY_REVXA3.sch (comments)

Christopher T. Day CTDay at lbl.gov
Wed May 17 10:13:49 PDT 2006

Alex,

Unless I'm missing something, the 480Mb/sec total bandwidth of USB 2 is
nearly 5 times that of 100Mb/sec Ethernet. Ethernet is always collision
sensitive, but Isochronous ("Oh, no, not again!" everybody groans.) USB
Endpoints are not. I don't know the length limits of USB cables off
hand, but they carry power by design. Why is Ethernet better?

	Chris - AE6VK