[hpsdr] HOLY COW - Janus and Ozy board layouts are WRONG!

Eric Ellison ecellison at comcast.net
Wed May 24 15:03:40 PDT 2006

Guys

Sorry guys I must have been asleep at the wheel. I was on the wiki today and
looked at the board layouts and they have the outside world connectors on
the WRONG edge!

Chris and Alex sorry for 'missing the import of your comments.' last week.
I was taking your discussion as a project board size discussion. And not
looking at the 'formal' board layout diagrams. Also was occupied with Dayton
planning and Day Job.

Many of you are new to the project, so were not in on the early 2 month long
Xylo discussions regarding case styles and conformity. We even had a
Teamspeak session on it and agreed with the design for the computer
enclosure mounting. The 'outside world' connectors MUST be on the edge
ADJACENT to the DIN connector! It makes no sense otherwise, and is the
reason we went away from the custom Rose-Bopla case I was going to buy for
the project. The Rose-Bopla design had the outside world connectors mtd
opposite the DIN connector and was TERRIBLY CONSTRAINED.

Phil_C I am terribly sorry I never responded to your request for a picture.
I had no tools aside from Paint and no scanner.

Here is my quick hand drawn scan, which except for board size is just like
Alex. It DOES allow for extending the board size on top and rear edges like
Alex had shown, but we really tried hard not to exceed 100 mm in the spec.
I'll try to hunt down the discussion in the archieves.

http://www.hamsdr.com/personaldirectory.aspx?id=258

Thanks

Eric