[hpsdr] [CASMIR] Design Thoughts

Alex harvilchuck at yahoo.com
Sat May 27 10:43:01 PDT 2006

I've got my flame retardant underpants on, plus I'll duck into the bomb shelter, so comment and critique away!

Some initial thoughts on CASMIR. I am thinking of using:

DDS                              - either a pair of AD9911's (based on availability) or an AD9958
HF/6m/4m/1.25m/70cm  -  DDS with the ADL5390 out via an SMA connector
33cm/23cm/13cm           - DDS with the AD8349 Modulator out via an SMA connector
3GHz/5GHz                         - still working on it but the TI TRF2436 looks interesting
10GHz +                         - TBD connector for I/Q Output for high microwave or remoting modulator circuits/amplifiers

I'll put into a picture later this weekend, but I'd like some gut feelings from the group.

(c) 2006 N3NP  : )

Alex, N3NP