[hpsdr] JANUS: Update on Alpha

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Mon May 8 17:19:44 PDT 2006

Steve,

AllAmerican is the sole US distributor for AKM.   I've got some on order
from them for prototyping - and may have some surplus, need to see what
samples people have been able to get out of their local AKM rep.   It is
not an internet orderable part - you need to call them and then fax
(thought only lawyers still used faxes) them paperwork for a credit card
order.  Looks like they have a $50 minimum -- the chips go about $17
per.   Clearly if this chips checks out good, we'll have to do group order
on this part.

My local AKM rep promises to send me 4 samples of the chips - so you may be
able to get some samples from your local rep.

Cheers,

Bill (kd5tfd)