[hpsdr] Operating Configurations

Christopher T. Day CTDay at lbl.gov
Thu May 11 20:58:12 PDT 2006

Lyle,

In principle, I kind of like this idea, but I'd hoped to keep the USB
Device Descriptor of what's implemented on the board actually _on_ the
board. The 256-bit DS2430 is too small for that - it could only hold a
DID, which punts the equivalent of the descriptor problem off to some
remote entity. The DS2506 is probably big enough, but costs $3.74 each
in units of 100. That feels somewhat expensive. Long lead time as well.

	Chris - AE6VK

P.S. - Clearly far too much fun.