[hpsdr] Operating Configurations

Alex harvilchuck at yahoo.com
Fri May 12 08:16:03 PDT 2006

At startup time we need to be able to have OZY know what is connected to ATLAS and report it back to the host computer or to SASQUATCH.

So would this be a sequencing at HPSDR connection time (host computer, no SASQUATCH):

(1) Host computer queries OZY via USB for device descriptors
(2) OZY queries the cards via the Dallas 1-wire interface for their device descriptors (stored on each card)
(3) OZY returns the device descriptors to the host computer
(4) Host computer then transmits via USB the appropriate device control 8051 code to be loaded into OZY's FX2 for operations (based on the device descriptors returned)
(5) OZY FX2 loads the received code, and activates the reset line for the ATLAS bus
(6) All ATLAS cards reset and report ready status to OZY via I2C bus

Alex, N3NP