[hpsdr] Operating Configurations

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Fri May 12 10:28:54 PDT 2006

> Which says we REALLY need a standard interface module (comprised of a MAX II and whatever other I2C, 1-Wire, SPI or other fiddly-bits that are required) so that us folks who want to design a card can easily interface it into ATLAS.
> Plus this standard interface module (hardware and software requirements) needs to be documented.

Another possibility is to use a PCF8574A 8-bit I2C expander port and set
it up so it becomes, in effect, an I2C DIP switch.  We can then define
up to 256 modules.  The host enquires and gets the module number.  The
PC (or whatever) has tons of memory and can then map it to the required
configuration file.  This is an SOIC and takes up space.

The advantage of the 1-wire EEPROM, in addition to being tiny, is that
it has a serial number as well, so if you have multiple instances of a
module, like Janus, you can differentiate among them even if their
descriptors are identical.

73,

Lyle KK7P