[hpsdr] What can we do with 2 cards

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Sat May 13 05:37:50 PDT 2006

On 5/13/06, Philip Covington <p.covington at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> If we agree to forgo the Logic Analyzer/Debug Port(s) and also agree
> that we will never expect to add external SRAM then I can drop the I2C
> IO stuff and provide somewhere around 32 I/O off the OZY.  I think you
> can do all 3 below then.  Then we need to discuss how to
> protect/buffer those lines in a way to allow all 32 to be inputs,
> outputs, or a combination of both.
>
> I am leaving soon this morning, and on the drive to/from home I will
> be thinking more about this.
>
> 73 de Phil N8VB

Another option (if the I2C IO gives us fast enough response) would be
to add another PCA9555 for 16 bits more of IO (either on the OZY or on
the JANUS if there is room).   Right now in the schematic the
PCA9555's interrupt output is connected to the FX2's INT5 line.   An
interrupt is generated whenever there is a change on the input lines
of the PCA9555.

I think that this should be tested to see if it is fast enough.

73 de Phil N8VB