[hpsdr] Operating Configurations

Christopher T. Day CTDay at lbl.gov
Sat May 13 15:32:40 PDT 2006

Phil,

Ok, you've found me out - I'm really a software guy. I understand the
urge for the hardware folks to get on with it via something initially
simple like the Cypress or libUSB stuff. But looking into the USB from
the host side, I keep seeing a collection of USB Audio Devices in my
head. There is a _lot_ of architecture, design and software support for
that model already out there in the world written by people much better
at it than I. I'd like to leverage that. So I keep harping on it to make
sure the hardware design doesn't preclude that vision.

Meanwhile, going ahead with things the way they are will certainly give
a proof that it can be done. I don't want to interfere with that. I'd
just want to be able to come along and do the software they way I'd like
to without holding up the main effort.

>From the sound of it, Bill_T and Helmut would kind of like the resulting
hardware to show up in the same USB context as I would. I hope one or
both of them can defend that viewpoint during the TeamSpeak this
evening. I will not be there. I have been informed that I am attending a
party at that time.

	Chris - AE6VK