[hpsdr] SDX Design, HORTON, CASMIR, and GIBRALTAR

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Mon May 15 09:05:51 PDT 2006

Alex:

Eaglepedia will be open soon.  The 70cm is in prototype stage and we
have a well known designer doing this KD6OZH who did the an earlier FPGA
SDR design using Xilinx parts.  It is my experience with that project
that lets me know we are going to have to have someone put on these
small pitch parts.  So far as I know of a couple of  people (including
me) succeeded in getting the thing together.  It pays to have a $500
microscope.  John will do the 23cm receiver next.

The phasing is for several different projects.  For our digital
transponder experiment (N8VB, AB2KT, KK7P, N2MJI, K7GNU, W2GPS, K3IO,
KD6OZH,   [SDR, GnuRadio, etc. users all], others participating), we are
attempting a phased array on C band.  I am just .  Expect to see lots of
HPSDR fall out in orbit ;-).

Bob