[hpsdr] Some HPSDR Updates

Steven Bible n7hpr at tapr.org
Wed May 17 08:02:41 PDT 2006

Hi Eric,

There's a lot of very interesting history.  My favorite television program
is "Connections" where the author (I forgot his name?) would show the
connections to inventions throughout history.  Ham radio is no different.
As we research the technical side of this hobby, we see an ever so gradual
development that has us where we are today.  I find it facinating.

The point that is most important is that all this effort needs to be
published.  And that means more that just a web page (as web pages come and
go).  When an idea is in print (any magazine or proceedings) then the
concept lives on.  That's why I pour so much energy into the DCC.  By coming
and presenting you share your ideas with others, get a chance to discuss
with others of like mind, and the papers are publiched in a proceedings.

The next DCC September 15-17, 2006 in Tucson.  See http://www.tapr.org/dcc
for more information.

Sure, it sounds like a sells pitch.  But I'll let others who have attended
tell about their experiences.

Ask Gerald about his experience at the 2002 Denver DCC.  It was him
presenting at that DCC that made him decide to create Flex-Radio and persue
the SDR-1000 commercially.  At the 2003 DCC Gerald was at the TAPR booth and
amazed many a person.  As you know now, Gerald has his own booth and is
growing strong.  That's what the TAPR community is all about.  Helping
others bootstrap amateur inovation.

73,

- Steve, N7HPR
 (n7hpr at tapr.org)