[hpsdr] Naive question

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Sat May 20 10:47:26 PDT 2006

On 5/20/06, Alberto I2PHD <i2phd at weaksignals.com> wrote:

> Please bear with my naive question (which maybe has already had an answer, I haven't read all the past messages...)
>
> Reading the HPSDR Wiki, I see this label:
>   JANUS - SDR-1000 ADC/DAC Interface
>
> What does have this card to make it specific for the SDR-1000 ? In other words, what problems will I have in interfacing
> my own SDR software to this card, possibly using an USB port (Ozymandias ?). Is that label a left-over of the initial
> project, or does JANUS indeed have something that makes it the ideal match for the SDR-1000, but maybe not for other
> softwares ? Thanks.
>
> 73  Alberto  I2PHD

Hi Alberto,

Great question!

It really is not specific to the SDR-1000 at all.  You are right, its
a label left over from its origins in the Xylo project.

I think we need to modify the description to emphasize that it can be
used with any hardware/software combination and not just the SDR-1000.

Thanks for bringing this up.

73 de Phil N8VB