[hpsdr] Question re linux, jsdr, pyhw2 about opening the parport

Everett Palmer kg6ryb at earthlink.net
Tue May 23 17:00:03 PDT 2006

Hello,

I am trying to use jack, jsdr and control my sdr-1000 hardware with pyhw2.
I can play a IQ wav file through xmms, jack and jsdr but am having problems
with pyth2.   The compile looks normal but when I try to execute the
sdr1k-setup script from python I get the following error message "open
parallel port: No such file or directory."    I have tried running this from
as a normal user and as root but get the same error.

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers,

Everett, KG6RYB

epalmer at epalmer:/usr/local/sdr/dttsp/pyhw2$ sudo python
Password:
Python 2.4.2 (#2, Sep 30 2005, 21:19:01)
[GCC 4.0.2 20050808 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.0.1-4ubuntu8)] on linux2
>>> execfile("sdr1k-setup.py")
open parallel port: No such file or directory