[hpsdr] Some thoughts on plug-in board layout

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Thu May 25 20:16:54 PDT 2006

> We will keep our fingers crossed.  Lyle should be able to tell us soon
> how the new layout is going with the JANUS.

The 100mm x 120mm layout is going well.  I have the high performance ADC
at the top of the connector area, the PWM at the bottom, and the order
from top to bottom of the remaining conenctors is phones, line out, line
in, mic.  This order is due to the way the pins are ordered on the CODEC
chip.

The voltage regulators are on the right edge, with the 3.3V at the
bottom to keep all the digital stuff as near the DIN connector as practical.

There is still some push and shove to do, but I think we'll get it OK.

Enjoy your weekend, Phil!

73,

Lyle KK7P