[hpsdr] JANUS Updated (again)

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Fri May 26 06:36:27 PDT 2006

Well, phooey.

Looks like I have Janus backwards, for ATLAS to be arranged like Phil's
drawing suggests!  This is based on Steve's latest drawing and my closer
examination of ATLAS.

The PCB layout is looking at the board from the *top* (component) side.
  Phil's drawing actually looks at the board from the *bottom* side.
Thus, the PCB layout should have the IO connectors on the right as you
look at the layout, not on the left as shown in Phil's plan view.

My apologies to the group.

Nonetheless, I'd like some feedback on the design just completed.  Not
about choice of IO connectors, but on noise considerations, ground path,
signal flow, etc.

And, if anyone knows where you can get blank PCI bus brackets, it would
be useful to have a detailed drawing showing where default mounting
holes should be.  I see a nice bracket at SIIG
<http://onlinestore.siig.com/shopexd.asp?id=543> but no dimensions.
This bracket <http://www.bracketsource.com/ME-391-2AH-B.htm> has
dimensions but not indication where the PCB fits in relation to it.

Steve, I'll take a closer look at things and try to match your DIN
connector location vis-a-vis the PCB outline, mirror imaged, of course,
to take into account the left-right foo-pah.

Depressed in Mt Vernon