[hpsdr] new DDS

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Sat May 27 12:03:15 PDT 2006

Leon Heller wrote:

> http://www.analog.com/UploadedFiles/Data_Sheets/610141489AD9911_0.pdf
>
> Interesting feature is 'SpurKiller'technology.
>
> 73, Leon

This is bloody brilliant.  Many of us have proposed blind deconvolution
and of course, this is insanity compared to this.  The location of these
spurs has a mathematical, closed form description.  Given the phase in
the accumulator and the frequency,  you can mathematically compute the
frequency, phase, and amplitude of these spurs to high accuracy.  They
have chosen to take N of them (it looks like up to 3), invert them and
add them to the output effectively suppressing the 3 worst (if I read
this correctly).  To capture that in the hardware itself is a very nice
piece of work.   I have not taken the time to see if this part can be
sync'd or if they are introducing a I/Q version.

Bob