[hpsdr] [CASMIR] Design Thoughts

Alex harvilchuck at yahoo.com
Sun May 28 07:19:49 PDT 2006

>Some members of the group have latterly been using the AD9951 14 bit DDS
>from www.radioamatore.it/i0cg with good sucess. This uses an interesting
>approach to gain a clean clock oscillator by selecting a harmonic of
>typicaly a 100mhz Butler through a Toko 500mhz 2 or 3 chamber Helical
>filter.(G4HGT shows a similar circuit in a 432MHz transveter in the UHF/VHF
>DX Handbook) This system could use a variation of the KD6OZH osc (QEX
>NOV/DEC 1999) locked back to Gibralter.Here's some links for I0CG & I0GLU

http://www.sm5bsz.com/linarch/linarch04-05/msg00519.html

http://www.nitehawk.com/rasmit/vna_dds/ad951_dds.html

The manuals are at:
http://www.nitehawk.com/rasmit/vna_dds/AD9951.PDF
http://www.nitehawk.com/rasmit/vna_dds/dds-x_v1_6.pdf

I0CG's website is here, but not much on it.
http://it.geocities.com/giulianoi0cg/dds4.html

On both sites link to a page that redirects you to WoodBoxRadio, BUT...
If you punch the linked URL into the Internet Archive you get the following:

http://web.archive.org/web/20050308200900/http://www.cqdx.it/woodbox/DDS4.html

Which has a little more information

>Apart from Synchronised parts for quadrature output one might use the G0BBL
>approach (RADCOM July 2001 TT or pg82 Technical Topics Scrapbook 2000-2004).
>This depicts a quadrature sytstem using 2xLO rather than 4x for his groups
>Tayloe transceiver QRP2000 and a later version QRP2001 from 74HC or VHC
>gates.
>
>Shel CT1IZU

Here's the link to the QRP2001 transceiver project (http://www.qrp2001.freeserve.co.uk/)

Alex, N3NP