[hpsdr] Card Orientation on ATLAS (BUMP)

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Tue May 30 06:51:44 PDT 2006

On 5/30/06, Alex <harvilchuck at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Needed to bump this one to the top since it was probably missed over the holiday weekend.
>
> The orientation of the cards with respect to the ATX power connector.
> If we use component side facing the ATX connector we need to use ISA brackets (which have a limited selection available)
> If we use the PCI standard (and lots of bracket options are available) then the cards' orientation needs to be flipped so the "component side" is facing away from the ATX connector.
>
> Alex, N3NP

Alex,

Since the DIN41612 is usually mounted on the top component side we
probably should stick with using ISA brackets.  I think I addressed
this in an earlier post last week.

The big problem is that if we use some standard bracket it will then
dictate the external connector layout.  In some cases this will be ok,
in others like the JANUS it will not work.

73 de Phil N8VB