[hpsdr] Janus BoM

PETER BUCK peteg3lwt at btinternet.com
Tue May 30 07:41:50 PDT 2006

Hi All,
  I'm one of the lurkers just about keeping up with the discussions!
  To Horst and Lyle re parts availability in Europe - I fully support what has been said about supplies of the hard -to -get parts. Its very frustrating here in the UK too, especially if you have no direct or indirect involvement with the electronics industry. To some extent this issue is very discouraging to would-be constructors and will always influence the take-up of projects like this.
  Maybe there is a need to set up a "pool" of the difficult parts for all the boards as they go into manufacture. A pain for the design team unfortunately but the only way I am sure to guarantee a good take-up outside of the USA. I'm sure many of us would be happy to send a deposit up front to help with the cost of quantity purchase.
  Brilliant work thus far guys!
  Peter G3LWT