[hpsdr] erlink-sr

Bob Cowdery Bob.Cowdery at smartlogic.com
Sat Nov 25 12:35:19 PST 2006

Hi all,

After a guilty (Saturday) day spent debugging (sure I should have been doing something else) the erlink-sr now sports 2 new processes.

A stream manager process that manages the digital streams, I've only done a Windows portaudio based one for testing so far.
A DSP process that is now pure signal processing.

I only need to separate out the controller code and separation is complete. I have followed the architecture I published at http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/g3ukb/architecture.htm. The shared memory is managed by a very simple handskake protocol and seems to work well. It all seems stable and responsive and still only a few % CPU. This really now paves the way to plug in other stream managers for Jack and HPSDR and other controllers (I should have a Softrock in my Christmas stocking). I think this will now depart from the trodden path on Linux as I will ditch the pipes. Being a separate process anyway it seems pointless making it two processes.

Thanks for the info on the HPSDR protocols. I hope to get down to that soon.

73
Bob
G3UKB