[hpsdr] Updated Janus Alpha 2 Files

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Sun Oct 1 17:23:48 PDT 2006

Hello!

I just uploaded an Excel spreadsheet version of the BOM which reflects
the PLL values determined by VK6APH.

< http://www.hamsdr.com/personaldirectory.aspx?id=439 >

I also uploaded a schematic which reflects these changes (XC9)

< http://www.hamsdr.com/personaldirectory.aspx?id=438 >

I'm not sure if everyone is up to speed on what's going, so at the risk
of repeating things...

The Janus board is going through a second alpha run.  This means that
the PCB layout has been revised to reflect all the changes we worked out
after the initial boards were built.

The primary changes are:

1) greater output voltage swing for the PWM to drive a QSE;

2) larger 5V regulator package to better dissipate heat;

3) correct minor errors in power supplies;

4) add facility to phase lock VCXO to a master 10MHz clock (from
Gibraltar, eventually);

5) add power supply LEDs (this board has to have power supply LEDs, right?);

6) add optional power connector to use outside of Janus backplane (to
support possible configuration of Janus+Ozy without needing Atlas);

7) change balanced audio input connector to 6-pin RJ as well as 5-pin
"Molex" header.

The parts have been ordered for this and the PCB layout has been
updated.  We are waiting one further test of Janus, due to be completed
early this week. If that test passes, we'll get the PC boards fabbed.
If it doesn't, we'll have to decide what PC board layout changes may be
required (if any), make and review those changes, and then move ahead
with getting the PC board fabbed.

Our goal is to get this done quickly so Janus can be released to
production through TAPR.

Ozy is hot on the heels of Janus...

73,

Lyle KK7P