[hpsdr] Re. QSD's

Dan Andersson dan.andersson at ieee.org
Sun Oct 8 17:13:29 PDT 2006

Gent's

I've been following the discussion on QSD's and the "need for speed".

I found a couple of    MC10EL31DTG D-Type flip flops with set and reset.

These can be toggled up to 2.8Ghz, and should subsequently do nicely in a
QSD for up to 2800/4 MHz. ( ON Semiconductor )

This is by far better than the "normal" 150MHz AC-logic versions I found so
far.

Is there anyone that have been playing with these chips and have any comments?

They seems to be priced around 3 - 4 $ each and are available both for
sampling and as standard inventory.

I'm ordering a couple of these and intend to clock them with 2GHz as I want a
500MHz DC receiver to play with so any thoughts are welcomed.

Cheers

Dan

--
Dan Andersson, M0DFI