[hpsdr] FFT benchmarking

Dave Comer dmcomer at dmcmicro.com
Sat Oct 14 10:06:32 PDT 2006

 >Never heard before of an optimization at run time... must take
corrective actions, otherwise my >obsolescence will
 >increase again...:-) Seriously, I suppose it is part of the NET
platform, which up to now I have >considered just as
 >bloatware. Maybe it's time to read some documentation...
 >
 >73  Alberto  I2PHD

Not to drag this discussion way off topic, but, the .NET CLR pre-JIT
process re-compiles the .NET code for the specific machine
architecture it is running on (if necessary). You can pre-compile a
.NET program to the native architecture, like Java. However, if you
do not the CLR will optimize to code to the machine before execution.

73 de Dave AD5TU