[hpsdr] DSP chips

lyle johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Sun Oct 15 11:28:49 PDT 2006

> Please forgive me if this has been discussed here
>before, but I was
> not able to find it in the archives.  Are there any 32
>bit DSP chips
> from either TI or Analog that has free development
>tools?

Yes, the TMS320VC33 has free tools.  GO to the TI website,
drill down to the 'VC33, and go to the "University SDK"
and youcan download the ools for free.  This is the same C
compiler that they normally charge $1495 for.

There is also an (older?) version of the GNu tyool chain
for the C3x done at Canterbury Univeristy in New Sealand.

I don't know of any free tools for the Analog Devices
SHARC series parts.  There are free tools (Gnu) for the
Blackfin, but that is a 16-bit fixed-point DSP coupled
with a 32-bit RISC GP processor.

73,

Lyle KK7P