[hpsdr] New Altera toys

Cecilio Bayona kd5nwa at cox.net
Tue Oct 17 08:26:04 PDT 2006

Murray Lang wrote:

> When the web site failed I went through the local distributer. Of course
> this means I've paid too much and will be waiting a while.
>
> BTW is the DSP capability of the cyclone sufficient for basic SDR operations?
>
> Murray
> VK6HL
>
> At 05:26 AM 17/10/2006, Allen Boehm wrote:
>>
>> The web site kept telling me I wasn't a registered user. I used the chat
>> feature on their web site and talked to customer service. They reset my info
>> and emailed me and now I can log in. Don't know if that might help anyone
>> else, But I had been trying to place an order this weekend and could not do
>> it.
>> Al
>>

>> On 10/16/06 1:35 PM, "Cecilio Bayona" <kd5nwa at cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> ***** High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****

>> facilities

>> https://www.altera.com/support/software/download/eda_software/modelsim/msm-

>>> Altera just informed me that Digi-Key now list this development board,
>>> their web site problem is not resolved yet.

The chip used is a lot bigger than anything used in hpsdr projects so
far, but because the IO is hooked up differently you will need to modify
existing programs or create your own. If you are thinking of DSP
functions, there should be enough logic to create useful applications.

I will be purchasing one as soon as it's available for a different
project of my own where the extra RAM and VGA port will come in handy.

--

Cecil
KD5NWA

"Sacred Cows make the best Hamburger!"	Don Seglio Batuna