[hpsdr] Special Components Needed

Steve Haseldine g8ebm at ibtinternet.com
Mon Sep 18 02:38:31 PDT 2006

I am building a very low current consumption SDR to be able to run for a long period from batteries only.  I have laid out and made the first batch of PCBs and now find that one of my components has gone out on a long lead time from my UK supplier.  I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a stockist in the US or Europe who might have these at reasonable prices.

The item I am after is a dual nanopower comparator, without internal voltage reference, in a SOT23-8 package
The optimum component is a MAX9020. With it's suffix its a MAX9020EKA+ (the + refers to lead-free but I would happily accept anything). Unfortunately Maxim do other SOT23-8 products but they're either not pin compatible or too power hungry.

TI seem to do something very similar: the TLV3492AIDCN. This is pin compatible, whereas the TLV4392AID is a completely different package. When supplied in tubes of 250 it carries an R suffix. If it has a T suffix it's a reel of 3000.  However for this prototype stage these volumes are too high (expensive).  I only need 66 devices to complete my prototype boards so need to buy 100 max.

Can anyone suggest a supplier who would stock these devices and be prepared to sell at  the 100 quantity at reasonable prices?

Many thanks for reading my request.  Please feel free to email me directly g8ebm at arrl.net rather than clogging up the list

73 de Steve G8EBM