[hpsdr] Balanced I/O on Janus - and hello..

John Scherer jscherer at schererzoo.com
Wed Sep 27 08:14:07 PDT 2006

I all.  I have a question about Janus that may have been answered and
I missed it.  I seem to remember reading somewhere that Janus will
take balance or unbalances signals from say a mic.  Is this correct?

Also, has anyone given thought about Enhanced Single SIdeband (ESSB)
and HPSDR?  It would seem to me that much of the audio processing
necessary to do ESSB could be done with onboard DSP and eliminate the
need to the external audio processing that is done now.

I've been a lurker on this list for some time now and still feel a
little out of my league but I guess I just have to jump in.  My
background is mostly in computer networking and also photography.
I'm not a EE by any means!  I've been an "amateur" EE for as long as
I can remember but a HAM for only about 4 years.  My most recent
project is a DSP-10.  I could help out with documentation/website
updates if anyone needs.  I would love to do schematic layouts too
but I don't have the software and would need to time to come up to
speed.

Cheers

John Scherer