[hpsdr] Decdoing 1090 MHz

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sat Sep 30 23:53:26 PDT 2006

Gudday

I have sitting on my table an ADS-B receiever. This picks up planes and then
shows their positions on a screen. Much like APRS.

I am looking for a method of taking the video output of my receiver into an
A/D with at least 10 MS/s and then an FPGA and display on a PC.

Why ?

Because digital storage ocsillisopes cost big bucks.

My sound card is not good enough to keep up.

Comments ?

The signals I would like to see are :-

Pulses of duration 0.45 us , with a spacing of 1us, over a duartion of 20us.

And also PPM signals, with 120 us long frames.

I basically want a USB based storage scope capable of 10MS/s or better.
Andrew Rich
Amateur radio callsign VK4TEC
email: vk4tec at tech-software.net
web: http://www.tech-software.net