[hpsdr] [OT] Rohde & Schwarz I/Q Modulation test Generator AFQ100A

KA2WEU at aol.com KA2WEU at aol.com
Tue Sep 26 15:03:27 PDT 2006

This is made by my company, fun device..

73 de Ulrich , N1UL

In a message dated 9/26/2006 5:58:50 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
n9vv at sbcglobal.net writes:

Cool -  I/Q signal generation test gear :-)

Key Facts

Digital communications systems are rapidly  evolving today, calling for
test equipment that can meet the new  challenges they present.

An important component of such test equipment  is a flexible baseband
source that allows development and production tests  to be performed on
state-of-theart receivers for a variety of standards. A  self-contained
baseband source must fulfill a wide range of signal  requirements. Plus,
it needs variable digital and analog outputs in order  to directly
operate the DUT. Used as a modulation source for vector signal
generators, the R&S AFQ100A provides I/Q signals that offer all the
sophistication of modern communications standards for generating the
required RF signal.

* Broad scope of  applications
o Variable memory  clock rate (1 kHz to 300 MHz) can be
optimally adjusted to the useful  signal
o Maximum I/Q bandwidth of  up to 100 MHz for an RF bandwidth
of 200 MHz
o Long signal duration at 256 Msample or 1  Gsample
o Analog I/Q outputs  (balanced and unbalanced) and optional
digital outputs
o Variable output level at the analog  outputs
o Multisegment waveform  reduces switching time between
different signals; no reloading  required
o Optimum memory use due  to integrated clock rate converter
and memory granularity of 1
o Shiftable markers without disrupting and  recalculating the
output signal

* Outstanding  signal quality
o Excellent  spurious free dynamic range (SFDR) of typ. 83 dBc
(1 MHz signal at 100 MHz  bandwidth)
o Frequency response  typ. 0.05 dB across 100 MHz I/Q bandwidth
o Versatile impairments
- Settable skew with 10 ps resolution to allow exact
adjustment of different cable lengths
- Gain and offset for I and Q can set  independently
- Phase  error
o Loadable equalization to  compensate for external components
such as I/Q modulators
(minimum frequency response in realtime  across all
components involved)
o Adjustment of DC offsets by biasing the differential I/Q
outputs

* Connectors and operation
o Remote control via GPIB, USB and  LAN
o User interface via external  monitor or Windows XP Remote
Desktop
o R&S WinIQSIM™ for controlling the R&S AFQ100A and
generating test signals in line with different standards
o Direct control via MATLAB®
o USB connectors for USB equipment (keyboard,  mouse, memory
stick)