[hpsdr] Toaster over / hot plate controller for reflow work

Cecilio Bayona kd5nwa at cox.net
Wed Sep 27 12:41:17 PDT 2006

John Scherer wrote:

> Has anyone ever tried one of these kits?
>
> http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=81
>
> It's a controller for toaster ovens or hot plates for reflow work.
> I'm looking for an alternative to hand soldering and this might work
> well.
>
> Thanks

Be aware that it does not come with the software to implement a oven
controller, you have to write that yourself.

With that little problematic detail you could use any of their varied
controllers that have LCD displays and a little prototype area to
implement the SCR's or relay to control the heating elements.

They have quite of variety of CPU's available. I've been thinking that
it's time to play a little with their ARM development boards.

Somewhere I have the C code for a AVR chip using one of their boards to
control a toaster oven. I'll look for it this weekend.

--

Cecil
KD5NWA

"Sacred Cows make the best Hamburger!"	Don Seglio Batuna