[hpsdr] New HPSDR Board

Phil Harman pvharman at arach.net.au
Thu Sep 28 04:54:47 PDT 2006

Hi Phil,

I would prefer not to add user interface stuff. As it is I will need to
create an interrupt whenever the input data changes since I don't want to
have to poll the I2C or I could add an I2C  master to the CPLD.

Perhaps we could use the inputs on the Ozy board for an opto encoder  - a
nice 1000 pulses per revolution to tune the radio would be nice.

I may have to reconsider this since I see some suggestions about  ADC and
DCA. I've found in the past that to measure SWR you really need to do that
calculation  really fast and close to the bridge - passing the values to a
PC and not sampling forward and reflected together simultaneously causes
some nasty problems.

It looks like a MAX II will make a very nice crosspoint switch, just reading
an Altera application note on the subject.

I'll update the block diagram once we get some more feedback.

73's Phil....VK6APH