[hpsdr] Odyssey Siren Design

Steven Bible n7hpr at tapr.org
Thu Sep 28 07:02:28 PDT 2006

Hello Ahti,

For Odyssey, we'll be using the TLV320AIC31 codec that Lyle found.  It have
differential inputs and outputs.  Alas, it does not have an external Vcom
voltage.  I can be set internally, but the external votage will have to be
set by resistor divider (and both should be the same voltage).  The DSP is a
dsPIC33FJ256GP710.

If all goes well, I should have a preliminary schematic of your circuit up
today for everyone to comment.  The packages the SN74LVC2G53 comes in I had
to layout in my CAD program (I am using CirCAD).  The 8-pin SSOP and VSSOP
were not in my library, so that slowed me down.  Now I should be able to
proceed.  I plan to use the larger SSOP package so that folks can hand build
the boards.

73,

- Steve, N7HPR
 (n7hpr at tapr.org)