[hpsdr] New - you now have a choice

Don Jackson AE5K ae5k at hpsdr.org
Thu Apr 5 14:32:28 PDT 2007

NEW! Now you have a choice:
Discussion List (Reflector) --or-- Announcement List

The HPSDR Discussion List (also known as the "reflector") has served us
well, but now we've added an alternate choice, a HPSDR Announcement
List. Why? We realize not all those interested in the HPSDR project
share the same interest in the daily technical discussions found on the
Discussion List -- in fact, if one doesn't have that much technical
interest in the details and development of HPSDR boards, it becomes
overwhelming to wade through those messages when one only wants to know
about when the next module becomes available! This is evidenced by
seeing new subscriptions to the HPSDR Discussion List and those same
ones unsubscribing after a few weeks.

The new HPSDR Announcement List is now available and in operation as an
alternative. It is an "announcement only" list -- one way communication.
Subscribers cannot post messages to it. It promises to be relatively low
traffic and will contain only messages of general interest relating to
board availability, status reports, or other news we feel most HPSDR
supporters may be interested in. Any announcements to the HPSDR-announce
list will be also sent to the HPSDR Discussion List. All announcements
will be approved by the list manager. Subscribing (and unsubscribing) is
easy -- use the simple form near to bottom of the page found at:
http://hpsdr.org/reflector.html

If you are a developer with HPSDR or someone who has an announcement
which should go out to ALL interested persons on our HPSDR lists, send
it to list administrator AE5K with a request that it be sent on the
announcement list. Email address is: AE5K at HPSDR dot COM. The list
administrator's decision is final on whether or not the message warrants
sending to the HPSDR-announce list.

IF YOU ALREADY ARE A DISCUSSION LIST (reflector) SUBSCRIBER and
satisfied with the message traffic, you do not need to do anything. You,
of course may also subscribe to the new announcement list, but it will
merely duplicate what you already will receive as announcements/news.
If you decide that the announce list is better for you, you may either
unsubscribe or place your reflector subscription on "no mail" basis
(enabling you to still send reflector messages at a later date).

73,
Don AE5K
List Administrator/Manager