[hpsdr] Is DRM the only free Digital AM waveform?

Tim Schoenfelder hpsdr at timschoenfelder.com
Fri Apr 6 20:18:48 PDT 2007

A couple of us were discussing receiving and probably even transmitting
Digital AM signals with HPSDR or equivalent.  We are looking for a good
quality open source/free digital AM protocol that we could implement.
However, the other person mentioned that he wasn't sure if any of the
waveforms/protocols were free.  He thought that we'd have to license any
that we wanted to use for transmitting.

I found the following that appears to be free, however, I'm curious if
anyone else in the list has researched this area and/or has any opinion on
this topic:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Radio_Mondiale

--
Tim Schoenfelder