[hpsdr] Pandora: Enclosure and Power Supply

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 07:08:26 PDT 2007

Hi Ben, All,

Reading and thinking about power supplies for HPSDR and been still busy with
my search for an appropriate enclosure I have come to the conclusion that I
give up on finding a commercial stock enclosure that would fulfill all my
wishes/requirements .

Instead I will construct my own enclosure from aluminum angle stock.
One of the reasons is, that I intend to use linear power supplies and the
required heatsinks (with low height fins of 15 mm.) will be forming the
sidewalls of the enclosure.

It will probably go over my target budget of € 50 for one enclosure (I will
build 3 pcs.: TX/RX desktop/portable use 12 Volts, Desktop-RX and -PSU 240
Volts) , but then "I'll have it my way".....

I am now going to try to learn to use AutoCAD to make some nice
drawings.....

73's,

Henry.