[hpsdr] CCI amplifiers

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 22 17:34:22 PDT 2007

hi all,
  I've built a few CCI kits. The 20 watt driver comes hard biased in class A. A friend bought one and quickly took out the finals. It works much better with the bias set to a lower resting current. I built the 300 EB29 and found the transformers get pretty lossy below 3 MHz. but works well otherwise. I would have used a higher perm sleeve to get on 160. The quality is very good. Check out the CCI web site they have some of the good old Motorola app notes with useful information.  fc